It’s time for Operation Christmas Child! Each year we fill shoeboxes to be sent to children around the world through Samaritan’s Purse.
PACKING YOUR BOX
Pick up a box from the foyer outside the church office. Decide if your gift will be for a boy or girl, age 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Fill the box with toys, accessories, non-liquid hygiene items, school supplies, etc. Please include a check for $9/box to cover shipping.
NEW THIS YEAR…
No toothpaste, no candy. We can no longer ship toothpaste (but do still include toothbrushes) or any type of candy or food in the boxes. This is due to customs regulations among the many countries where shoeboxes are sent.
Shipping has increased to $9/box. (Keep in mind this is still a tremendous bargain! Shipping a similar package to Togo through the post office would cost over $70 in postage!)
Please make your check out to Haran Baptist Church. This makes it easier for us to ensure that shipping is covered for all our boxes. We will then pay for all the boxes at once and we’ll be able to track where they’re sent. The past two years, our boxes have gone to African nations: Zambia, Burundi, and Togo.
Please put your check inside your box so we don’t have loose checks floating around. If you’re paying for multiple boxes, you can write one check for all of them and leave it inside one of your boxes.
- Toys: Small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky, etc.
- School Supplies: Pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books
- Hygiene Items: Toothbrush, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- Other: T-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
- A Personal Note: In a separate envelope, you may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. (If you include your name and address, the child may write back.)
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Used or damaged items
- War-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures
- Candy, chocolate or food
- Liquids or lotions
- Medications or vitamins
- Breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers
- Aerosol cans
Drop off your filled box at church by Sunday, November 3, 2019.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit the Operation Christmas Child website for gift suggestions, FAQs about what can be included in your box, stories from children who have received shoeboxes, and more.
What goes into the box is fun…what comes out is eternal. Every gift-filled shoebox is a powerful tool for evangelism and discipleship—transforming the lives of children and their families around the world through the good news of Jesus Christ!