The Romans Road
The Romans Road to Salvation is a way of explaining the good news of salvation using verses from the book of Romans. It is a simple yet powerful method of explaining why we need salvation, how God provided salvation, how we can receive salvation, and the results of salvation.
1. Everyone needs salvation because we have all sinned. We have all done things that are displeasing to God. There is no one who is innocent.
As the Scriptures say, “There is none righteous—not even one. There is none who understands; there is none who seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become useless. There is none who does good, there is not even one.”… For all have sinned; and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:10-12, and 23).
2. The price (or consequence) of sin is death.
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23).
3. Jesus Christ died for our sins. He paid the price for our death.
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).
4. We receive salvation and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.
If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation…for whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10:9-10, and 13).
5. Salvation through Jesus Christ brings us into a relationship of peace with God.
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1).
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, no death, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38-39).
Responding to Romans Road
If you want to respond by following the Romans Road to Salvation, you can do so by saying this brief prayer. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are relying on Jesus Christ for your salvation. The words themselves will not save you. Only faith in Jesus Christ can provide salvation!
“God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. With your help, I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness – the gift of eternal life! Amen!”
If you have made the decision to follow the Romans Road and place your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, we would like to be in prayer for you. Please let us know your decision by contacting our church office. We suggest you also do the following things:
• Follow Christ’s example in baptism.
• Join a church where you can worship God and grow in your faith.
• Begin a daily personal worship experience with God where you study the Bible and pray.
• Contact our church so we can be in prayer about your spiritual growth.
(All scriptures quoted are from the NASB)