Oct 26 2020
Oct 26 2020
Oct 26 2020
Worship with us! This Sunday, November 1, we have new service times.
9:00 SUNDAY SCHOOL – Classes will return to your regular classrooms. If you are visiting with us, come to the sanctuary and we’ll assist you in finding a class.
10:00 WORSHIP SERVICE – Join us in the sanctuary or the fellowship hall, or listen from the parking lot on 102.9 FM.
If you plan to attend the indoor service, we appreciate you letting us know so we know how many to expect. Click here to sign up for the indoor service. We look forward to seeing you!
Oct 23 2020
THIS WEEK’S ANNOUNCEMENTS:
We will have one worship service this Sunday at 9 a.m. Join us in the sanctuary or the fellowship hall, or listen from the parking lot on 102.9 FM.
Please join us for Sunday School following the worship service. Sunday School books and devotionals are available in the church office.
Join us for Bible study Wednesday nights at 6:30 in the fellowship hall. We will not have Thursday morning studies while Pastor Don is away.
The deadline for Operation Christmas Child is Sunday, November 1. Pick up a box and a label from the foyer outside the church office, fill your box with gifts, enclose a check for $9.00 to cover shipping, and help spread Good News, Great Joy!
SERVICE TIMES CHANGE ON NOVEMBER 1
• 9:00 Sunday School – Classes will return to your regular classrooms.
• 10:00 Worship Service – Join us in the sanctuary or the fellowship hall, or listen from the parking lot on 102.9 FM.
Oct 19 2020
Oct 12 2020
Oct 06 2020
It’s time for Operation Christmas Child! Each year we fill shoeboxes with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies to be sent to children around the world through Samaritan’s Purse.
PACKING YOUR BOX
• Pick up a box and a label from the foyer outside the church office
• Fill your box with small toys, school supplies, non-liquid hygiene items, accessories, etc.
• Enclose a check payable to Haran Baptist Church for $9.00 to cover shipping
• Return your box to the church by Sunday, November 1, 2020.
No liquids, no toothpaste, no candy or food, and no breakable items.
Please make your check out to Haran Baptist Church (NOT to Samaritan’s Purse). This makes it easier for us to ensure that shipping is covered for all our boxes. We will then pay for all the boxes at once and we’ll be able to track where they’re sent. Over the past several years our boxes have gone to Colombia, Peru, Ghana, Togo, Angola, Burundi, and Zambia.
Please put your check inside your box. If you’re packing multiple boxes, you can write one check for all of them and leave it inside one of your boxes.
• Toys: Small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky, etc.
• School Supplies: Pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books
• Hygiene Items: Toothbrush, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
• Other: T-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
• A Personal Note: In a separate envelope, you may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. (If you include your name and address, the child may write back.)
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Used or damaged items
- War-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures
- Candy, chocolate or food
- Liquids or lotions
- Medications or vitamins
- Breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers
- Aerosol cans
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit the Operation Christmas Child website for gift suggestions, FAQs about what can be included in your box, stories from children who have received shoeboxes, and more.
What goes into the box is fun…what comes out is eternal. Every gift-filled shoebox is a powerful tool for evangelism and discipleship—transforming the lives of children and their families around the world through the good news of Jesus Christ!
Oct 05 2020
Sep 28 2020
Sep 25 2020
Women on Mission will continue filling Blessing Bags this fall. As cooler weather approaches, I would like to continue our collection of items to fill our blessing bags. Some of you have committed to purchasing articles for our bags and have brought them to the church. Thank you for that. There is a basket outside the church office and a container in the foyer. Remember we would like to fill at least 50 bags. To prevent duplication and to ensure we receive a variety of items, we have placed a form on the bulletin board by the library for you to select the item or items you would like to donate. This will let us know how many of each item we can expect and what we will need to complete our bags. You may select one or more items off the board or select some of the items below and place them in the designated areas.
As the temperatures get colder our blessing bags will be much needed for those out in the elements. I am also asking that these items be brought in by Sunday, October 18. At that time, we will assemble the bags and have them ready for you to take and pass out to those in need. If you have questions, please contact Mary Etta Summerville. Thank you for your continued support.
Women on Mission
Mary Etta Summerville
Blessing Bag items needed:
|Toothbrushes & toothpaste||Lotion (small bottles)||Hand warmers|
|Wet Ones packages||Rain poncho||Gum|
|Washcloths||Small flashlights||Crackers (peanut butter, cheese)|
|Mini tissue packs||Stocking caps||Mints or hard candy|
|Shampoo (small bottles)||Socks|